RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE CARLISLE SWIM CLUB
(Updated by the Board of Directors in 2023)
The following rules and regulations have been established for the protection and benefit of all members.
This is your pool, and no set of rules can be more effective than your adherence to them.
Parents, please instruct your children and urge them to observe all rules and obey the instructions of the pool manager and all other employees. The manager and other authorized personnel are the absolute
authority on the enforcement of all rules and regulations of the Carlisle Swim Club.
Any violation of these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for the immediate suspension of pool privileges for offending members. Successive violation may be considered sufficient cause for cancellation of membership.
The Carlisle Swim Club shall not be responsible for any accident, injury, theft, personal injury, personal loss or damage to personal property on the premises of the Club. The cost of any Club property damage
shall be charged to the responsible active member.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted on Carlisle Swim Club property, apart from specific Club sponsored events when alcohol can be brought onto the
premises only as authorized by the Board of Directors.
Each member will be REQUIRED to sign an INFORMED CONSENT/LIABILITY WAIVER /RELEASE AGREEMENT form before receiving their annual membership every year. Signing this form is a condition
of membership to the club. If you choose not to sign the waiver, you will not be considered a member of the club and will not be allowed admission into the club.
Rules may be revised, or additional rules established at any time by the Board of Directors.
• The pool opens the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend to the Monday of Labor Day weekend.
• Hours of operation will be from 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM the first two weeks. Hours will be adjusted to 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM the rest of the summer.
• The adult lap swim (18 years and older) is from 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM Monday thru Friday.
• All pool closures for weather are at the discretion of the pool manager on duty.
• The Snack Shack is open during normal hours except the last 30 minutes of operation.
• The Grill will be open Thursday thru Sunday during normal operation hours. Last call for food items will be 45 minutes prior to close.
• The pool may be closed for maintenance, emergencies or staffing shortages at the discretion of the Manager or the Board of Directors.
• The use of the pool in the absence of an authorized lifeguard is strictly prohibited.
• There will be a full adult swim or partial adult swim the first 20 minutes of every hour at the discretion of the pool manager. All persons under the age of 18 will be required to exit the pool.
• All members shall enter the club grounds only through the regular entrance.
• All vehicles shall be properly parked in the spaces provided for such use.
• No members will be admitted without registration to the pool’s membership application.
• No profane or abusive language will be permitted.
• No running, pushing, wrestling or rough housing shall be allowed in or about the pool area.
• No spitting in pool, deck, or pool grounds.
• Floatation devices are prohibited from the deep end.
• Full face mask covering the nose and eyes are prohibited.
• Do not talk to lifeguards unless necessary. They are on duty to protect you and your children and when you engage them in conversation, you interfere with their effectiveness and possibly endanger the life of others.
• Managers and lifeguards can remove you from the pool if you are violating any rules.
• All sunbathing must be confined to lawn areas.
• All refuse must be placed in the containers provided for such purposes.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the pool area.
• No glass containers of any kind shall be permitted in the pool or recreation areas.
• No pets allowed.
• Members under the age of 13 years, must be accompanied by a member 16 years or older who assumes responsibility for their safety and conduct at the pool. Individuals found irresponsible will be asked to leave the pool.
• The zero-entrance handicapped ramp may not be obstructed by parents watching their children or children using it as a play area.
• All pool activities will be regulated by the pool management and the Board of Directors.
• Children using the kiddie pool and frog slide shall be ages 8 and under.
• All private and group lessons must be conducted at the managers discretion. No lessons in the adult lap lanes if an adult member seeks to use the lane for lap swimming.
• Only authorized persons are permitted in the concession stand and office.
• Please use equipment as intended. For example, no hanging on the volleyball net or basketball rims. The Manager or staff can remove you from certain areas for repeated offensives.
• No playing basketball or other sport related games on or around the pool area.
• Guests will be charged the following: $10.00
• Children under two years of age are admitted free.
• No social organization or non-family member affiliated group or association shall be admitted to pool facilities with guest privileges. All family guests exceeding ten will be admitted at the discretion of the pool manager or Board of Directors.
• Only adult members 18 years of age and older may sign in guests. All guests must leave when the member who signed them in leaves the pool.
• Guests must abide by the same rules and regulations as members and are the responsibility of members who bring them.
• These members may apply online, via email to the pool manager for a special, non-member babysitter pass to be issued for the full summer. The fee for this pass will be $125.00. The email must identify the babysitter by name, address, age, and phone number. The babysitter must be
16 years of age and proof of age must be submitted to the pool manager with the letter of application. They will be issued a special online membership.
• The babysitter shall not be considered a member of the pool.
• If, at any time during the swim season, the babysitter leaves the employ of the members, the members shall immediately notify the manager and the membership deleted. A new babysitter (meeting the criteria set forth above) may be substituted upon application and upon payment of
a $30.00 registration fee.